Thursday, February 28, 2008

adventures in telemarketing.

What a gem from this morning....

Phone: Ring! Ring!
Me: Hello?
Caller: [snooty tone] Hello and good morning, and this call may be monitored. I need to speak with Lynn Jackson, please.
Me: I'm sorry, there's no Lynn Jackson here.
Caller: [stunned silence] ...Really?
Me: Sorry, you have the wrong number.
Caller: Gosh, okay... well... Is there anyone by the last name of Jackson there?
Me: No. This is the Ourlastname residence.
Caller: Okay, then I'd like to speak to Lynn Ourlastname.
Me: ......there is no Lynn Ourlastname here, either.
Caller: Well, it might be Gail Lynn Ourlastname? or Gail Lynn Jackson?
Me: No, I'm sorry, the only adults living here are Me and Dude Ourlastname.
Caller: [sounding utterly thrown] Wow. Seriously? Wow... wow. Um... okay then. I'm sorry to bother you.

No comments: