Wednesday, June 11, 2008

chocoberry chip frozen yogurt.

I made this for Dude's birthday (which is tomorrow) and thought I'd share the recipe. I used my Cuisinart ice cream maker to make it. I did adapt this recipe myself, based on a bunch of different recipes I found online and in the Cuisinart recipe booklet.

CHOCOBERRY CHIP FROZEN YOGURT

Stuff You Need
3/4 cup milk
2 cups yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
1 12-oz bag of chocolate chips
10 oz strawberries, pureed
an ice cream maker

Recipe
Combine milk and half the chocolate chips in food processor. Process until smooth. Add yogurt and sugar; process until sugar is dissolved. Add pureed berries and mix well until smooth.

Turn machine on and pour mixture into freezer bowl through spout. Let mix until thickened - about 25-30 minutes.

During last 5 minutes of mixing, add remaining chocolate chips.

You can put it into an airtight container and freeze for a couple hours before serving to give it a firmer texture.

No comments: