Thursday, December 18, 2008

toddlerhood.

You know you've had a shitty day when you're sitting in absolute silence, but all you can hear is the sound of your child screaming in your head, playing on repeat at full blast. That and the sound of your heart, still thudding loudly in your chest, because your blood pressure is so high that your veins might explode.

Thankfully, there's a bunch of chocolate chip mint brownie ice cream in the freezer, a Dude to cuddle, and some funny shit on YouTube to watch, because I don't think I could handle it otherwise.

My mother-in-law always tells her, "You're lucky you're cute," and OH MAN is she right. I love this kid beyond belief, but her attitude right now? AAAAH. If it's this bad now, how am I going to get through the terrible twos? Or middle school? Or the teenage years?

1 comment:

Jess said...

well maybe this will be her difficult time and then the 2s and 3s will be a breeze!